Senior Electrical Engineer
Amber Solutions is seeking a Principal Electrical Design Engineer to lead our platform product designs. The individual must thrive in a fast-paced innovative environment defining architectures, creating schematics, working with PCB layout designers, bringing-up new hardware designs, and supporting customers and partners. You will lead all aspects of electrical board design, including electrical components selection, printed circuit qualification, and communications design. You will develop design collateral and are responsible for the success of the implementation.
• Full responsibility for success of hardware design implementation
• Research innovative design solutions and products in partnership with the marketing and software team members
• Develop internal and external documentation including schematics, PCB layouts, design guides, test hardware, and procedures
• Propose and execute prototype projects that introduce an innovative solution to new or existing problems
• MSEE degree is preferred
• Superb conceptual thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong communication and technical writing skills
• A self-motivated individual as well as a very complementary team player
• Experience in power electronics, power semiconductors, power management
• Design experience with integrated circuits: microprocessors, power, digital, and analog circuits
• Proficient in using a variety of test equipment and electronic laboratory instruments
• Proficient in using a variety of simulation tools
• Ability to coordinate and manage 3rd-party vendors, such as PCB layout resources
• Must be authorized to work in United States without company sponsorship
• Knowledgeable in the use of LTspice/SIMetrix and Altium software
• Knowledge in AC power (AC to DC conversion, motors/inductive loads, lighting control, etc.)
• Regulatory agency (UL, CSA, FCC, etc.) requirements experience as it applies to AC-based products
• Familiar with design requirements for high-volume consumer products
Join us, and you’ll work in a dynamic environment with other motivated and talented individuals.
To apply, email email@example.com
About Amber Solutions
Amber Solutions is a leading developer of patented, innovative solid-state technologies for the digital control of electricity. The company’s disruptive breakthroughs change the electrical landscape forever for buildings and appliances worldwide. These technologies upgrade power management from 1950’s era electro-mechanical to safer, more reliable silicon architecture with embedded intelligence. Based in Dublin, California, the company is leveraging the expertise of Silicon Valley professionals to deliver a disruptive enhancement to the value and functionality of the world’s electrical endpoints and infrastructure. For more information visit www.ambersi.com.
- Amber, Infineon Team for Digital Control of Electricity EE Times July 2021
- Ousting 1900s-era Tech? Solid-state Circuit Breakers Extract DC from AC without Magnetics All about Circuits July 2021
- Disrupting Electricity? This Startup Is Digitizing Our Very Analog Electrical System Forbes July 2020
- A powerful disruption in the IoT (Internet of Things) EE News Europe July 2020
Amber Demo Video Example: Digitally capping 450 inductive load surges, over 15 minutes, to just 260V each event.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Breakthrough Digital Control of Electricity, in silicon chip architecture - The Second Electrical Revolution