This job is no longer accepting applications.
Vector Atomic is hiring Opto-mechanical Engineers to build ultraprecise quantum devices for applications including autonomous/GPS-free navigation, high-bandwidth satellite communications, and geophysical exploration. In this hands-on role, you'll contribute to the full lifecycle, from conceptual design to deployment. In this hands-on role, you will develop complex optical systems central to fielding quantum devices.
We are seeking strong individual contributors that take ownership of their work while supporting overall team goals. Our rapidly growing team of 35 brings an innovative but practical approach to developing quantum devices. If you'd like to work on transformational technologies in a dynamic, team-oriented environment, come join our team!
What You'll Do
- Detailed optical/optomechanical system design; simulations and prototyping to support design
- Micro-optical assembly and packaging for environmental robustness (thermal, mechanical, etc.)
- Develop precision build and alignment procedures for manufacturability
- BS in optical engineering (MS/PhD preferred) or a related field + 3 years of relevant experience.
- US citizenship or Permanent Residency (Green Card) required by US export control laws
Hands-on expertise with several of the following:
- Optical fiber and laser diode coupling and collimation
- Precision bonding and assembly techniques using active alignment tools
- Automated assembly and characterization; design for manufacturability
- Narrow linewidth lasers (Diodes, DPSS, Fiber lasers, etc.) spanning 400-1550 nm
- Integrated photonics systems
- Polarization optics (Waveplates, polarizers, PM fibers)
- Optical metrology and beam characterization (Photodetectors, beam profilers, polarimeters)
- Thermal and mechanically stable optical designs
- Solidworks, COMSOL and/or Zemax
This position requires more than 80% onsite work. Vector Atomic adheres to all state and local ordinances regarding COVID-19 safety protocols.
Vector Atomic values teamwork, open and honest discourse, and work-life balance. We are an employee-owned company with competitive compensation and benefits including:
- Platinum-level family health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Health and dependent care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employer 401(k) contributions
- 20 days of paid time off / 10 paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Stock ownership plan
- Fully stocked kitchen
Vector Atomic is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.
Vector Atomic does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or HR team.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Quantum sensors for navigation, telecommunications, and geophysical exploration