Senior Electrical Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Vector Atomic is hiring Senior Electrical Engineers to build ultraprecise quantum devices for applications including autonomous/GPS-free navigation, high-bandwidth satellite communications, and geophysical exploration. This hands-on role requires strong electronic design skills emphasizing low-noise, low-power analog and mixed-signal circuits. We are seeking strong individual contributors that take ownership of their work while supporting overall team goals. Our rapidly growing team of 35 brings an innovative but practical approach to developing quantum devices. If you'd like to work on transformational technologies in a dynamic, team-oriented environment, come join our team!
What You’ll Do
- Analog circuit design, analysis, and testing
- Identify/prototype/optimize circuits to reduce power, noise, and cost
- Apply EDA tools for schematic capture, layout, and simulation
- Measure and characterize circuits using laboratory test equipment
- Support testing and verification of custom analog ASICs
- BSEE/MSEE/PhD EE or related degree with 6+ years of related work experience
- US citizenship or Permanent Residency (Green Card) required by US export control laws
- Comfortable working with early prototypes and devising measurements to capture key performance specifications
Hands-on experience with several of the following:
- Mixed-signal design, including high-speed ADCs and DACs
- Low-noise analog circuit analysis, simulation, and design
- Analog circuit specifications; able to interpret and apply datasheet specifications to meet system goals
- Power supply design for precision electronic systems, emphasizing efficiency
- Precision noise measurements; understanding of noise and drift in electronic circuits
- EDA design tools for PC board design (preferably Altium)
- Circuit modeling tools including Spice
- Control electronics for optical devices, including precision laser current sources, temperature control, photodiodes and high-speed PID servos
- High-speed converters, especially JESD204C-based devices
- Analog design for ASICs, especially for low-noise applications
This position requires 80% onsite work. Vector Atomic adheres to all state and local ordinances regarding COVID-19 safety protocols.
Vector Atomic values teamwork, open and honest discourse, and work-life balance. We are an employee-owned company with competitive compensation and benefits including:
- Platinum-level family health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Health and dependent care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employer 401(k) contributions
- 20 days of paid time off / 10 paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Stock ownership plan
- Fully stocked kitchen
Vector Atomic is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.
Vector Atomic does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or HR team.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Quantum sensors for navigation, telecommunications, and geophysical exploration