Senior Electronics Technician (R&D)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Vector Atomic is hiring Senior Electronics Technicians to help build ultraprecise quantum devices for applications including autonomous/GPS-free navigation, high-bandwidth satellite communications, and geophysical exploration. This hands-on role requires a skilled and flexible electronics technician capable of operating in a dynamic R&D environment. We are seeking strong individual contributors that take ownership of their work while supporting overall team goals. Our rapidly growing team of 35 brings an innovative but practical approach to developing quantum devices. If you'd like to work on transformational technologies in a team-oriented environment, come join our team!
What You’ll Do
- Assemble, test, and rework complex PCB boards
- Initial board bring-up and troubleshooting
- Integrate boards and COTS modules in prototype chassis; design and build custom cabling/interfacing
- BSEE/related degree with 2+ years work experience; ASEE with 5+ years of related work experience
- US citizenship or Permanent Residency (Green Card) required by US export control laws
Hands-on experience with several of the following:
- Precision soldering and rework of electronic boards including small-pitch and ball grid array devices
- Debugging digital, analog and mixed-signal electronics
- Integration and assembly of prototype electronics/electromechanical systems
- Cable selection; design and fabrication of custom cables
- Reading schematics and troubleshooting power and connectivity issues with PCB assemblies
- Electronic test instrumentation such including oscilloscopes, pulse generators, power supplies and voltmeters
- Shielding, grounding, and ESD issues
- RF systems and high frequency cabling
- Standard embedded interfaces such as SPI and I2C
- Electromechanical design of custom/semi-custom enclosures for electronic assemblies that address issues of shielding, grounding and thermal constraints
This position requires 100% onsite work. Vector Atomic adheres to all state and local ordinances regarding COVID-19 safety protocols.
Vector Atomic values teamwork, open and honest discourse, and work-life balance. We are an employee-owned company with competitive compensation and benefits including:
- Platinum-level family health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Health and dependent care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employer 401(k) contributions
- 20 days of paid time off / 10 paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Stock ownership plan
- Fully stocked kitchen
Vector Atomic is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.
Vector Atomic does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or HR team.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Quantum sensors for navigation, telecommunications, and geophysical exploration