Senior FPGA Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Vector Atomic is hiring Senior FPGA Engineers to build ultraprecise quantum devices for applications including autonomous/GPS-free navigation, high-bandwidth satellite communications, and geophysical exploration. This hands-on role will develop controllers for our quantum sensors. We are seeking strong individual contributors that take ownership of their work while supporting overall team goals. Our rapidly growing team of 35 brings an innovative but practical approach to developing quantum devices. If you'd like to work on transformational technologies in a dynamic, team-oriented environment, come join our team!
What You'll Do
- Work with a cross-functional team of physicists, electronics engineers and optical engineers to create next-generation quantum instruments
- Write RTL, test-bench, and EDA support files to meet performance goals on the target system
- Work with engineers on the design of custom PCBs based on modern FPGA/SoC devices
- Assist with board “bring-up” and integration of custom FPGA-based electronics; develop test scripts and documentation to assist with validation of both the hardware and RTL
- Collaborate with software engineers as they program and interact with your RTL
- BSEE/MSEE or related degree with 3+ years work experience
- US citizenship or Permanent Residency (Green Card) required by US export control laws
- Comfortable working in a laboratory environment
Hands-on experience with several of the following:
- HDL coding (Verilog, VHDL and/or SystemVerilog) for synthesizable RTL and verification
- Verification of complex RTL designs using Modelsim or vendor-supplied simulations tools
- EDA tools Vivado and/or Quartus for FPGA design
- Writing physical and timing constraints (SDC) for timing closure for FPGAs with very fast clocks
- Scripting for EDA tool management, preferably TCL or Python
- Laboratory test and measurement equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, pulse generators, logic analyzers, protocol analyzers
- Assisting hardware engineers to specify and design custom PCBs that have Xilinx and/or Altera FPGA/SoCs
- Practical RTL design issues such as latency, jitter, metastable behavior, hold/setup time, clock domains, Fanout and multicycle decimation
- Revision control and issue tracking tools (e.g., git and Jira)
- SoC designs such as Zynq, Ultrascale and/or Arria
- Ground-up design of FPGA-based systems
This position requires 60%+ onsite work. Vector Atomic adheres to all state and local ordinances regarding COVID-19 safety protocols.
Vector Atomic values teamwork, open and honest discourse, and work-life balance. We are an employee-owned company with competitive compensation and benefits including:
- Platinum-level family health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Health and dependent care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employer 401(k) contributions
- 20 days of paid time off / 10 paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Stock ownership plan
- Fully stocked kitchen
Vector Atomic is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.
Vector Atomic does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or HR team.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Quantum sensors for navigation, telecommunications, and geophysical exploration