Controls Simulation Engineer
At Monarch, we are working with farmers around the world to reduce carbon emissions one tractor at a time. Our team is passionate about making a positive environmental impact in the untapped market of agtech through innovation and emerging technology. The global implementation of our digital platforms will elevate green energy solutions that will power the future of farm ecosystems and kickstart the next generation of sustainable farming.
If you are interested in reducing carbon emissions, creating profitable autonomous solutions, and bringing awareness to how our food is grown, Monarch is the right place for you! Our team of engineers, farmers and industry experts will provide you with the creative space to enhance your skillset and grow your career. We are always looking for people with a collaborative spirit to help us accelerate the compassionate mission we share to improve clean farming.
As a controls and firmware engineer, you will be responsible for delivering high quality embedded code running on the processors at the heart of our novel powertrain, implements, sensors, electrical distribution and hydraulic system.
Come join a team of deeply knowledgeable engineers that strive to build the most robust and reliable embedded systems that run game-changing farm equipment. You will solve some of the most challenging problems in the embedded software space and change the way we farm and deliver food.
- Experience in embedded development in robotics, real-time controls, or system software.
- Experience with motors, motor controllers, power supplies, inverters / converters, Hydraulic systems, and/or power electronics
- Fluent in Motion & control systems theory and physics
- Proficiency in C++, Real time operating systems (RTOS) and/or Matlab Simulink Coder
- Experience with CAN bus (e.g. J1939) and CAN bus diagnostics tools (e.g. Vector CANalyzer)
- Understanding of telematics, diagnostics, and calibration protocols (e.g. XCP)
- Exposure to ROS and Ethernet communication protocols
- Experience with communication protocols like USB, SPI, I2C, Ethernet, etc
- Fluent in software fundamentals including software design and maintainability.
- Experience with the embedded microprocessor tools.
- Controls software and algorithm development.
- Test driven development and familiarity with developer driven automated testing.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate complex technical concepts.
- Experience with physical modeling and/or simulation of electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic systems.
- BS, MS or PhD in EE/CE/CS, or the equivalent in experience with evidence of exceptional ability
- Battery Management Controls engineer
- Battery thermal and charging control
- Battery Health and status
- Embedded Controls and Devops engineer
- Experience with regression testing tools
- Experience with software build management and continuous integration tools
- Experience with embedded diagnostics
What you’ll get:
At Monarch Tractor, you’ll play a key role on a capable, dedicated, high-performing, mission-driven team. Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, excellent health, dental and vision benefits, and company equity commensurate with the role you’ll play in our success. The role will be based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Catered Lunches
- Career Development
- Cell Phone Reimbursements
- Team Building
- Legal and Pet Assistant Program
- And much more!
At Monarch, we cherish and celebrate every individual's difference. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or another legally protected status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Making Sustainable Farming Economically Superior