Senior Battery Mechanical Engineer
At Monarch, we are working with farmers around the world to reduce carbon emissions one tractor at a time. Our team is passionate about making a positive environmental impact in the untapped market of agtech through innovation and emerging technology. The global implementation of our digital platforms will elevate green energy solutions that will power the future of farm ecosystems and kickstart the next generation of sustainable farming.
If you are interested in reducing carbon emissions, creating profitable autonomous solutions, and bringing awareness to how our food is grown, Monarch is the right place for you! Our team of engineers, farmers and industry experts will provide you with the creative space to enhance your skillset and grow your career. We are always looking for people with a collaborative spirit to help us accelerate the compassionate mission we share to improve clean farming.
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to work on Battery design, integration, hands-on debug, and in-field testing. In this position you will develop core battery subsystems that meet all key team, customer, and regulatory requirements, while interactively working with the full cross-functional team to make sure key attributes are met in the design.
Come join a world class multi-disciplinary engineering team in our quest to digitize the farming experience by making the tractor smart, connected, and electrified.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Own subsystem(s) in the battery from cradle to grave
- Participate in product requirement definitions, design reviews, and systems integration
- Drive the battery program’s timing by working with PM, executing designs, and solving issues
- Communicate system level design, status, and risks to full team
- Collaborate with and manage Tier 1 suppliers
- Work with the testing team to validate the battery system / sub-systems physically and virtually
- Own system / sub-system requirements; work with the product and attribute owners to generate company-aligned requirements
- Support battery design, component selection, and electronics supplier technical interactions
- Produce and/or evaluate possible design solutions to improve cost, quality, delivery and performance on specialized knowledge of engineering applications together with possible involvement of other functional engineers and/or customer/supplier personnel
- Use 3D CAD modeling software to create components, assemblies, and engineering drawings for manufacturing
- Review CAD models and drawings at the component, sub system, system level to ensure their integrity
- Own crucial vehicle development activities and work collaboratively with the cross-functional teams to execute them (e.g. DVP, DFMEA, design reviews, design documentation, etc)
- Develop and maintain the technical specification for desired performance at the sub system level
- Hands on troubleshooting of vehicle systems
- Supports design decisions with detailed analyses
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 6-8 years of experience in a relevant engineering field
- Track record of exceptional engineering ability
- Capable of generating your own fully toleranced drawings to ASME Y14.5
- Ability to use 3D CAD (we use Solidworks) as a go-to tool
- Experience in multi-physics or FEA simulation is a major plus
- Experience with and electric vehicles, agricultural vehicles, or off-road vehicles is a major plus
- Applies technical judgment to identify the best ideas and avoid potential problems, and understands and introduces innovative technologies as needed for the best design
- Operate in a team environment and provide input to design solutions during the design development phase
What you’ll get:
At Monarch Tractor, you’ll play a key role on a capable, dedicated, high-performing, mission-driven team. Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, excellent health, dental and vision benefits, and company equity commensurate with the role you’ll play in our success. The role will be based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Catered Lunches
- Career Development
- Cell Phone Reimbursements
- Team Building
- Legal and Pet Assistant Program
- And much more!
At Monarch, we cherish and celebrate every individual's difference. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or another legally protected status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Making Sustainable Farming Economically Superior