Mechanical Engineer- General
At Monarch, we are working with farmers around the world to reduce carbon emissions one tractor at a time. Our team is passionate about making a positive environmental impact in the untapped market of agtech through innovation and emerging technology. The global implementation of our digital platforms will elevate green energy solutions that will power the future of farm ecosystems and kickstart the next generation of sustainable farming.
If you are interested in reducing carbon emissions, creating profitable autonomous solutions, and bringing awareness to how our food is grown, Monarch is the right place for you! Our team of engineers, farmers and industry experts will provide you with the creative space to enhance your skillset and grow your career. We are always looking for people with a collaborative spirit to help us accelerate the compassionate mission we share to improve clean farming.
About the role:
You will be responsible for design, release and launch of the critical hardware subsystems that make our package revolutionary for farming technology. You will be part of the team that creates and executes world-class transmissions, battery packs, driveline, seating, structures and whatever else we can throw at you. The engineer’s responsibilities include design, analysis, sourcing, prototyping, testing, vehicle assembly validation, quality control, engineering documentation, and more. The engineer must have a strong understanding of mechanical engineering fundamentals and is expected to learn quickly while managing their projects with minimal oversight. During the design process an emphasis is placed on going beyond the status quo to make the best product in terms of cost, mass, and performance. Hands-on skills are necessary for engineering development work and addressing production issues. Some travel to suppliers is required, including international travel.
- Develop and optimize designs in 3D CAD software with associated CAE tools
- Validate manufacturing, assembly, and service feasibility
- Complete and release component designs and documentation, including 2D drawings
- Validate components per defined engineering requirements
- Resolve issues and concerns with cross-functional teams including engineering, supply chain, production, and service
- Participate in the sourcing process and manage engineering relationships with suppliers
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 3 years of experience in a relevant engineering field
- Track record of exceptional engineering ability
- Hydraulics and Casting Experience a must
- Experience with component design, analysis, sourcing, and validation (aluminum and steel manufacturing processes is a plus)
- Proficiency in a 3D CAD software (Solidworks is a plus)
- Basic knowledge of GD&T (proficiency is a plus)
What you’ll get:
At Monarch Tractor, you’ll play a key role on a capable, dedicated, high-performing, mission-driven team. Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, excellent health, dental and vision benefits, and company equity commensurate with the role you’ll play in our success. The role will be based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Catered Lunches
- Career Development
- Cell Phone Reimbursements
- Team Building
- Legal and Pet Assistant Program
- And much more!
At Monarch, we cherish and celebrate every individual's difference. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or another legally protected status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Making Sustainable Farming Economically Superior