Mechanical Engineer- Transmission & Driveline
At Monarch, we are working with farmers around the world to reduce carbon emissions one tractor at a time. Our team is passionate about making a positive environmental impact in the untapped market of agtech through innovation and emerging technology. The global implementation of our digital platforms will elevate green energy solutions that will power the future of farm ecosystems and kickstart the next generation of sustainable farming.
If you are interested in reducing carbon emissions, creating profitable autonomous solutions, and bringing awareness to how our food is grown, Monarch is the right place for you! Our team of engineers, farmers and industry experts will provide you with the creative space to enhance your skillset and grow your career. We are always looking for people with a collaborative spirit to help us accelerate the compassionate mission we share to improve clean farming.
About the role:
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to work on Transmission & Driveline design, integration, hands-on debug, and in-field testing.
In this role, you will:
- Participate in product requirement definitions, design reviews, and systems integrations.
- Source, select, and develop key components such as gears, clutches etc
- Collaborate with Tier 1 suppliers and drive the development process forward.
- Support battery design, component selection, and electronics supplier technical interactions.
- Work with cross-functional teams to build and fine tune interfaces and functionality.
- Support bench, lab, field, and 3rd party testing for performance and durability
- Troubleshoot battery issues in the factory and in the field.
- Improve transaxle systems robustness, and performance.
- Test and debug at the component, subsystem, tractor levels
Come join a world class multi-disciplinary engineering team in our quest to digitize the farming experience by making the tractor smart, connected, and electrified.
We are developing the most robust and reliable enterprise class infrastructure that will run game-changing farm equipment. You will solve some of the most challenging problems in the engineering industry and change the way we farm and deliver food.
Ideal Candidate would have:
- Engineering Bachelor of Science or higher
- Minimum 3+ years of industry experience with high voltage battery systems
- Ability to use 3D CAD (Solidworks) as a go-to tool
- Experience in multi-physics or FEA simulation is a major plus
- Experience safely working with high voltage battery packs and electric drivetrains
- Familiarity with wire harness schematic design (particularly automotive or agricultural vehicles)
- Experience with automatic transmission systems, torque converters, planetary drives, clutches and differentials.
- Experience with automotive, agricultural or off-road vehicle engineering development, durability testing, drive/duty cycle development.
- First principles analysis of geartrain and power transmission systems.
- Test-driven mindset (MIL, SIL, HIL, bench test, field test, etc.)
- Precision agriculture, construction, and/or robotics/mechatronics experience
- Formula SAE Electric, Solar Car, ASABE ¼ Scale Tractor, or similar collegiate competitions
- Agile, small team, collaborative mindset
What you’ll get:
At Monarch Tractor, you’ll play a key role on a capable, dedicated, high-performing, mission-driven team. Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, excellent health, dental and vision benefits, and company equity commensurate with the role you’ll play in our success. The role will be based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Catered Lunches
- Career Development
- Cell Phone Reimbursements
- Team Building
- Legal and Pet Assistant Program
- And much more!
At Monarch, we cherish and celebrate every individual's difference. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or another legally protected status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Making Sustainable Farming Economically Superior