Mechanical Engineer- Sensor Roof System
At Monarch, we are working with farmers around the world to reduce carbon emissions one tractor at a time. Our team is passionate about making a positive environmental impact in the untapped market of agtech through innovation and emerging technology. The global implementation of our digital platforms will elevate green energy solutions that will power the future of farm ecosystems and kickstart the next generation of sustainable farming.
If you are interested in reducing carbon emissions, creating profitable autonomous solutions, and bringing awareness to how our food is grown, Monarch is the right place for you! Our team of engineers, farmers and industry experts will provide you with the creative space to enhance your skill set and grow your career. We are always looking for people with a collaborative spirit to help us accelerate the compassionate mission we share to improve clean farming.
About the role:
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to work on Sensor Roof system design, integration, hands-on debug, and in-field testing.
In this role, you will:
- Participate in product requirement definitions, design reviews, and systems integrations.
- Source, select, and develop key components, processes and suppliers.
- Collaborate with Tier 1 suppliers and drive the development process forward.
- Support battery design, component selection, and electronics supplier technical interactions.
- Develop mechanical designs for structures, electronic components and thermal systems.
- Work with cross-functional teams to build and fine tune interfaces and functionality.
- Support bench, lab, field, and 3rd party testing of autonomy sensor systems
- Troubleshoot issues in the factory and in the field.
- Improve system robustness and performance.
- Test and debug at the component, subsystem, tractor levels
Come join a world class multi-disciplinary engineering team in our quest to digitize the farming experience by making the tractor smart, connected, and electrified.
We are developing the most robust and reliable enterprise class infrastructure that will run game-changing farm equipment. You will solve some of the most challenging problems in the engineering industry and change the way we farm and deliver food.
Ideal Candidate would have:
- Engineering Bachelor of Science or higher
- Minimum 3+ years of industry experience with high voltage battery systems
- Ability to use 3D CAD (Solidworks) as a go-to tool
- Experience in multi-physics or FEA simulation is a major plus
- Experience with autonomous vehicle sensors including optical cameras, automotive radar or infared.
- Experience with consumer electronics design/development (smartphone, laptops, etc)
- Experience with developing sealed enclosure for ruggedized devices (ex. Automotive lighting, ruggedized electronics, etc)
- Experience working closely with electrical engineering teams and software teams will prove advantageous for this role.
- Strong understanding of heat transfer principles, thermal management technologies, heat pipes, thermal pastes etc
- Understanding of electrical and computer engineering concepts and components is critical for this role.
- Test-driven mindset (MIL, SIL, HIL, bench test, field test, etc.)
- Precision agriculture, construction, and/or robotics/mechatronics experience
- Formula SAE Electric, Solar Car, ASABE ¼ Scale Tractor, or similar collegiate competitions
- Agile, small team, collaborative mindset
What you’ll get:
At Monarch Tractor, you’ll play a key role on a capable, dedicated, high-performing, mission-driven team. Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, excellent health, dental and vision benefits, and company equity commensurate with the role you’ll play in our success. The role will be based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Catered Lunches
- Career Development
- Cell Phone Reimbursements
- Team Building
- Legal and Pet Assistant Program
- And much more!
At Monarch, we cherish and celebrate every individual's difference. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or another legally protected status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Making Sustainable Farming Economically Superior